I wrote this tutorial while changing http://free-holidays.blogspot.com to http://winholiday.co.uk . This will be easier for people to type in / remember, I am also hoping this will look more professional, get a better search engine rank and better help me target a UK audience.
The great thing is that blogger still host the blog for free, so that’s one less thing to worry about.
“Your DNS-Settings have been saved, your domain will be updated accordingly“
6) Now you’re back at the Domain Overview screen, check the tickbox next to your domain name again, click destination from the horizontal menu then select edit destination from the dropdown.
7) Select Destination Type = select Forward Your Domain
Forwarding Destination = your domain name, so e.g. I put http://winholiday.co.uk
Forwarding Type = HTTP redirect
Press OK, you should get a success message and then press to go to overview.
8) Choose New from the horizontal menu then select Create subdomain from the dropdown. You come to a screen called New Subdomain. In the box just put www (not www.) and select the domain you are dealing with, then press create.
9) You should be back at the Overview screen and you should be able to see the new subdomain and the status is probably “Applying”. Go and make a cup of tea.
Next it’s over to blogger, but it’s best to wait until you see the status of the subdomain in the 1&1 control panel change to “Ready”. This can take a couple of hours.
How to setup a blogger blog with your own domain name
1) Log in to your blogger dashboard.
2) Choose the blog you want the custom domain to be used on.
3) Click on Settings
4) Click on Publishing, click to switch to custom domain and then switch to advanced settings under the bit where they offer to sell you a domain.
5) Put your domain name in the box, so in my example I enter “winholiday.co.uk”
6) Complete the word verification box and then “save settings”.
7) Try out your new custome domain blog.
Any problems with this post a comment and I will try and help you out.
More detailed info on the blogger process is here